Friday 1 August 2014

Happy Birthday baby! Prince George turns one... (latest column for The Daily Beast)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/21/happy-birthday-prince-george-will-the-wee-royal-be-the-first-king-of-the-22nd-century.html

'I’ll never forget hearing about the arrival of Prince George: I was cycling toward Hyde Park, a few streets from the hospital. Temperatures had been in the mid-80s for days. At the traffic lights a taxi driver stuck his head out of the window and shouted, “It’s a boy!” Buses, vans, and cars sounded their horns, gun salutes rang out, the bells of Westminster Abbey pealed, and everyone cheered. It was a rare moment of collective London joy...'

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    I'm the editor of Pink Pangea (www.pinkpangea.com), the community for women who love to travel. I just finished "An Apple A Day," which was inspiring and heartbreakingly honest. I would like to interview you about your experiences recovering while traveling. It is no easy feat, and I am sure that our readers could learn a lot from you.

    If this interests you, please email me at rachel@pinkpangea.com.

    Thank you!
    Rachel Sales

    ReplyDelete